Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Bar Talk


So, what do friends, group of friends normally talk about in a bar? When I was in U.K, I had to work with a Portugese-French company as a researcher whilst doing my PhD. Guess what do researchers i.e. scientist talk about? Yup the first 1 hour they were talking about work, their findings, stats etc, etc.. (yawn..boring). I grabbed my Greek friend (let's call her Tash) to the dance floor. She was more than happy to do so. However, after an hour or so, upon coming back to our table (yes,..we danced for an hour!..those were the days)..my colleagues were now talking about tits and asses!! Yes!! let's talk people. Now, are these the type of conversations these so called intelligent people talk about in bars, pubs or clubs? Oh yeah they do.

Another story in KL. My colleagues and their friends in Mont Kiara. A lawyer, an engineer and us managers. Professionals with degrees and masters degree sitting in a packed pub. And what do we talk about guys? Nope, we were not talking about work, not talking about this great book Brian read last weekend, nor did we talk about current affairs. We were talking about our bosses, tits, asses, how to get laid at the end of the night, clothes ,..etc etc. Are we bunch of idiots? Yes we are in a on-sober kinda sense. But are we stupid? You be the judge of it. I seriously believe that those who actually talk about statistics, how to improve the socio-economy of the country, in depth political affairs etc.. are idiots! Who in the right frame of mind would go to a social place like pubs or bars and talk about 'intelligent' stuff? A hypocrite probably..Geez! Imagine reading a newspaper or reading a book/novel in a pub or a karaoke with music blaring out loud and some fun people enjoying a good session of Elvis' My Way. To the general public, whoever is doing that is a moron. If you want to look intelligent, be one or look the part, go to a library for goodness sakes. Don't embarress yourself in public places like the pubs or bars. If you want to exert all this 'intelligent' vibes, for the love of God, do it at home in front of your PC. Otherwise, loosen up and have fun. Be a goof ball amongst your friends. The highest probability is that you'll make a fool of yourself with your goof ball friends and tomorrow everyone will laugh about it. It's not permanent for your information..hahahaa.

I enjoy going out with my group of friends. Mesh, Gidong, Josie, Tompok, Lumis, PS, Nel, Mamai, Donna, Arteo, Jason,Duffy, Gurangak, Bobby and others. Are we unintelligent? Hahaha,..intelligent enough to live life and enjoy each others company. Intelligent enough not to read newspapers in a pub.

Ooooh.. read this. Intelligence (also called intellect) is an umbrella term used to describe a property of the mind that encompasses many related abilities, such as the capacities to reason, to plan, to solve problems, to think abstractly, to comprehend ideas, to use language, and to learn. There are several ways to define intelligence. In some cases, intelligence may include traits such as creativity, personality, character, knowledge, or wisdom. Hahhaaa.. if you are the type who reads a newspaper or a novel/book in a rowdy, loud, dimmed lit pub or bar..you do not have 'the capacity to reason or comprehend ideas'.. You're not so intelligent after all. Furthermore, an intelligent person does not brag about his so called intelligence. Only a fool does that or someone with a condition called Inferior Complex (I'll talk about that in the future).

But to all my friends, my drinking buddies, my adventure any time, come lets play volleyball, my goof ball friends... you are loved. And most of all, we are no IDIOTS!

3 comments:

XiGorX said...

yup, we stand on the ground pok..hehehe..and we are intelligent...

JOE'S BIZNES CAFE said...

harus tu..hehehe.. mcm nda sedih sudah

Pelangi said...

hug hug hug jgn sedih2 .. he he we all mmg crazy but not stupid mmm betul ka ni :D...

Tennis Quote From My Favourite Player

" I think about that sometimes - learning to play in a parking lot, stringing nets between cars. I learned to play by hitting against a brick wall, not a ball machine or other players. And my Father was my coach - teaching me from a twenty year-old book. When I hear people say that you can't make it in tennis if you don't have a lot of money, I know they're wrong. We didn't have much money. But I loved the sport and that was enough." - Monica Seles -

In Bed With Rex

In Bed With Rex
Hmm..daddys bed is so much better than mine..!

Hey Rex

Hey Rex
Aww..he was 3 months then..

Rex & Bobbi

Rex & Bobbi
Playtime..I like this caviar taste tennis ball..yumm.. Not. Goku stop scratching Rex's butt!

My Idols

My Idols
Whitney, Luther, Kylie & Monica

Just junior

Just junior
Me, Myself & I

The Doggies

The Doggies
Rex, Bobbi & Sisqo