Saturday, April 26, 2008

Fallen Teddy

Teddy
When I was a young kid, I never had a real teddy bear. Not that I wanted one as I was more of a car kid. I had loads of HotRod toys when I was between 4 to 7 years old. After that, things changed. My dad became an alcoholic and starts beating up my mom. Mom was like a fallen teddy bear. She was our teddy when we were younger. A fluffy bear to hold on to when daddy came home drunk. This boy remembered fighting the monster when he was a small 8 year old, because he was abusing our 'teddy bear'. He fought with all my might but he ended up flying to the wall hard. My 'teddy bear' was fighting for her life and for her two kids then but she wasn't strong enough. His elder sister bit the monster who tried to hurt our 'teddy'. No matter how hard a 9 year old girl tried, she ended up being kicked and thrown under an old wooden folding chair. She was not strong enough but she didn't cry. Morever these two kids didn't know what pain was and kept fighting and fighting the beast. 'Teddy' fought back but she was pinned to the floor. The beast managed to get a metal table fan and whacked teddy. 'Teddy' covered her face with her frailed arms. The boy did not cry as anger beseiged him. At 8 and 9, two kids hovered onto the beast and started biting, as hard as they can. 'Leave our teddy alone!' they cried. The little girl tried to grab teh table fan from the beast. How she tried. Screaming, tugging and pulling with every ounce of energy in her thin body.

Finally the beast let go of our 'teddy'. But not without punching the two young ones. Again left hurt on the floor. Her love for the two kids was so strong, tears rolling down her eyes, blood from her lips, as she screamed and fought with all her might. Blow after blow she gave, clawed like an angry cat, hurling her smaller frame towards the alcoholic induced monster, to let go off the children. 'Teddy' understood no pain as she was again hit across her chest. She stood up again, relentless, hitting hard behind the monster's back. Two children fighting for their little lives to get loose, kicking and clawing hard. Finally exhaustion overwhelmed the beast and 'it' retreated. Slowly moving away and left. Left behind two battered children, wanted nothing but to safely hold 'teddy'. 'Teddy' sat at the corner crying holding them, then tears started to fall not from pain but a relieve because we got our fallen teddy back.. I love you mom.

1 comment:

XiGorX said...

uhuhk uhukss..sedih cerita ko ni pok...

Tennis Quote From My Favourite Player

" I think about that sometimes - learning to play in a parking lot, stringing nets between cars. I learned to play by hitting against a brick wall, not a ball machine or other players. And my Father was my coach - teaching me from a twenty year-old book. When I hear people say that you can't make it in tennis if you don't have a lot of money, I know they're wrong. We didn't have much money. But I loved the sport and that was enough." - Monica Seles -

In Bed With Rex

In Bed With Rex
Hmm..daddys bed is so much better than mine..!

Hey Rex

Hey Rex
Aww..he was 3 months then..

Rex & Bobbi

Rex & Bobbi
Playtime..I like this caviar taste tennis ball..yumm.. Not. Goku stop scratching Rex's butt!

My Idols

My Idols
Whitney, Luther, Kylie & Monica

Just junior

Just junior
Me, Myself & I

The Doggies

The Doggies
Rex, Bobbi & Sisqo