Saturday, April 26, 2008

Controversy Could Have Kiboshed Idol Carly Smithson

carly

What would Jesus do? Isn't that always the question? Who knows, he might have said, "my child, that was a little pitchy for me."

The New York Times speculates the controversy that surrounds "Jesus Christ Superstar," the movie theme song sung by Carly Smithson this week on American Idol, may have contributed to her ouster. She received the lowest number of votes among the six remaining contestants.

Since the movie's release 35 years ago, the song has come under scrutiny by Christians. Many believe it portrays Jesus as unsure of his role as a religious icon.

So, Idol followers, what do you think? Did Carly get caught up in controversy, or were there just simply five better performances than hers? — J.R. Whalen

Few Carly Smithson Headlines

Carly Smithson Exits American Idol; Fans Get it Wrong... Again
Was it the Sympathy Factor that Saved Brooke White?

America Loses Its Mind And Votes Carly Off 'Idol'-Entertainment Weekly

No comments:

Tennis Quote From My Favourite Player

" I think about that sometimes - learning to play in a parking lot, stringing nets between cars. I learned to play by hitting against a brick wall, not a ball machine or other players. And my Father was my coach - teaching me from a twenty year-old book. When I hear people say that you can't make it in tennis if you don't have a lot of money, I know they're wrong. We didn't have much money. But I loved the sport and that was enough." - Monica Seles -

In Bed With Rex

In Bed With Rex
Hmm..daddys bed is so much better than mine..!

Hey Rex

Hey Rex
Aww..he was 3 months then..

Rex & Bobbi

Rex & Bobbi
Playtime..I like this caviar taste tennis ball..yumm.. Not. Goku stop scratching Rex's butt!

My Idols

My Idols
Whitney, Luther, Kylie & Monica

Just junior

Just junior
Me, Myself & I

The Doggies

The Doggies
Rex, Bobbi & Sisqo