Thursday, May 1, 2008

Why drink?

Other than the fact that it make you do crazy stuff and might regret the next day. Last night I went out and met up with Bobby, Gidong and his brother. Mesh was there too. They had their beer and me my guiness. Its a local pub very close to where I live in Donggongon, Pusakag cafe to be exact. It is a bar where you don't have to pretend to be cool or project a certain type of image (of whatever you want to be). You can actually be you. Nevertheless after a set or two, Mesh and I left. Freda, Alvin and Fabian were at TNGC waiting, the every reason we adjourned from Pusakag. We got ourselves a bottle of Chivas to open at TNGC bar on the way there. The action starts immediately. After the drinking, everyone started to loosen up and starts rambling about anything and everything that crosses our mind. Be it about somebody else (ooh gossip it's called) or merely just something that doesn't makes much sense.

Laughter followed and the dancing and the singing and the drinking and more drinking. 12 midnight was not really a great time to start, yup, late we were but we made it up by staying back late. In fact,as I recall, the staff were whining (over the bar) as we were the last one to leave the bar. Oh, no Ellie and her sis was at the other table (a friend of mine). Trashed. Yes we were. And I had to drive Fabian home to Putatan! I remembered the journey there but I vaguely remembered how I drove back home. Never ever drive! Kids, don't drive if you want to drink. Thank goodness it was a holiday weekday and there were hardly any cars at 3:30am. So,.. waking up this morning was o.k. No hang overs! No dead brains cells though. Someone in the past told me that alcohol destroys our brain cells. Now here's a fact. Moderate consumption of alcohol does not destroy brain cells. In fact it is often associated with improved cognitive (mental) functioning. In my book, 2 bottles of Chivas is moderate. So, I guess I'm not going cuckoo. In fact, I'm getting smarter!

So, back to the question. Why drink? I seriously don't know, and that is the very reason why, starting today.. I am not even going to bother to ask this question ever again. Ever.. emmm. Because, I've realised that there are many good reasons why we drink. In fact, I do believe I have reasons to think about tomorrow night. And, guess what guys! An extensive research around the world has found that alcohol consumption be does not cause weight gain in men and is often associated with a small weight loss in women. Good news. Yam Seng!!!

No comments:

Tennis Quote From My Favourite Player

" I think about that sometimes - learning to play in a parking lot, stringing nets between cars. I learned to play by hitting against a brick wall, not a ball machine or other players. And my Father was my coach - teaching me from a twenty year-old book. When I hear people say that you can't make it in tennis if you don't have a lot of money, I know they're wrong. We didn't have much money. But I loved the sport and that was enough." - Monica Seles -

In Bed With Rex

In Bed With Rex
Hmm..daddys bed is so much better than mine..!

Hey Rex

Hey Rex
Aww..he was 3 months then..

Rex & Bobbi

Rex & Bobbi
Playtime..I like this caviar taste tennis ball..yumm.. Not. Goku stop scratching Rex's butt!

My Idols

My Idols
Whitney, Luther, Kylie & Monica

Just junior

Just junior
Me, Myself & I

The Doggies

The Doggies
Rex, Bobbi & Sisqo