Saturday, May 17, 2008

Diving In Murky Waters.

Ok..yes another post. But this time we were looking forward to it. Mus, our dive master said that it's going to be murky due to the heavy rain and strong winds yesterday. He was right. We did the boat dive. I was dying for a wee..and really cannot tahan already. My bladder was screaming like Mariah Carey doing her high notes. I needed to go. So I told the dive master I'll do it first. He gave some pointers and then I kneed his balls! Hahhaa.. I was sitting at the edge getting ready to do a triple twist, pipe dive difficulty 8.3. Then he said two fingers on the mask and bend your knees before you flip backwars. "How? Like this?" and I accidentally hit his balls! "I hope you already have kids." he said yes, laughing and I dived in. He laughed so I knew he was ok.

Then I wet my pants. Felt so good. No wonder kids love doing t. I really think its intentionally. Then my buddy followed. He did a 9.2 dive. Very nice. Then everyone followed suit. We got close together and started to dive. What happened next can only be described as undignified. It was damn murky with a visibility of 1 meter!! I saw nothing. For all I cared, Elvis could have been diving next to me and I couldn't tell. Even my buddy was gone. I started to breathe a bit harder, nervously. The tranquility of the sea abruptly interrupted only by my weezing and sputtering. Darth Vader would have been proud. Then it was sand, I hit sand, head first. To make things worse I tried so hard to stabilise my self due to the bad visibility and I was totally disoriented, fin like a turtle in heat. No fun. It was not the best day as my regulator was leaking water and it was falling off my mouth. Murky water, lost buddy and my hands were everywhere. After ascending and descending few times , and what seems like eternity, we finally call it a break, 20 minutes of chaotic diving. Then one of the leisure divers, a doctor started to have nose bleed. Obviously, I swam as far as I can because he was a potential shark fodder for the misinformed, like me.

Lunch...then we went to Police Bay to try there but similar case, murky. We finally did our second dive at Manahon Bay. Much better. We can see, I can see the light! My bouyancy was much better and everyone was having a blast after a while. We went deeper to find Nemo. And after struggling with the regulator, we did managed to find few corals and fish. Nemo was not in a good mood, shying away for us. Except Mesh, he seemed to have this animal magnetism. the little fish were prancing around him and Nemo literally mistaken him hand as corals. Show off! But scenic view was not what I expected. I was secretly hurling abuses at dive magazines and Discovery channel.

Nevertheless, the third dive, was much more interesting. Without the dive master!! Mesh led but he told us to stay close and not to go deeper than 10m. After a gruelling 15 minutes..my legs were getting a bit tired though and we surfaced soon after. Overall, it was a luke warm session but good news though. We are going again on monday. Yipee.. Dive master Mus said that it was too murky to do the compass and emergency ascend without O2. Hmmm..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

divers ah!

not bad not bad!

Tennis Quote From My Favourite Player

" I think about that sometimes - learning to play in a parking lot, stringing nets between cars. I learned to play by hitting against a brick wall, not a ball machine or other players. And my Father was my coach - teaching me from a twenty year-old book. When I hear people say that you can't make it in tennis if you don't have a lot of money, I know they're wrong. We didn't have much money. But I loved the sport and that was enough." - Monica Seles -

In Bed With Rex

In Bed With Rex
Hmm..daddys bed is so much better than mine..!

Hey Rex

Hey Rex
Aww..he was 3 months then..

Rex & Bobbi

Rex & Bobbi
Playtime..I like this caviar taste tennis ball..yumm.. Not. Goku stop scratching Rex's butt!

My Idols

My Idols
Whitney, Luther, Kylie & Monica

Just junior

Just junior
Me, Myself & I

The Doggies

The Doggies
Rex, Bobbi & Sisqo