Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sabahan MakeUp Artist_Part 1 Wedding





I am going to be so 'hated' by several local makeup artist in Sabah,particularly in KK. I mean who am I to judge them right? Wrong! Everyone is judging them. My main question to them is, do you guys live in the year 2009? Ok let's say 2008? I am doing freelance photography and have been to weddings. But why,? Oh why? do all the brides look like as if they are ready to go to do a broadway musical or perform in a dramatic arts consert? Their makeups are horrendous.

Makeup & False eye lashes
What's up with the heavy eyeshadows, shaded contoured nose bridges, big false lashes (so 90's!)...Have you heard of low density false lashes or individual false lash? They willgive the brides a more natural looking lash. Did you know you guys are using almost the same cheap false lashes when it was first invented in 1916by D.W Griffith? or maybe not.But it is so 1960's.

Surf The Net for Latest Trend
I think these makeup artist should flip through some bridal magazines. Did you know that a wedding is suppose to be beautiful. Heavy makeup makes the bride look like 'the bride of Frankenstein!'. The trend started in 2005,where minimal,natural make up is the best wedding makeup. Don't get stuck in a time warp!

How make of us go to a wedding and cringed looking at the bride while saying 'OMG! what's with the heavy makeup?' We all do that all the time.. Next question would be, "who did the makeup?" then we responded "oh". Wake up guys!!!! Dark drown shadows, heavy eye shadows, coaled eyes, contoured nose bridge, false lashes,heavily lined lips are out!!

Natural Beauty vs Current style.
What's in? Natural,light makeup that accentuates the bride's natural beauty. That is high fashion! Remember, that her husband married her for how she looks naturally. Most husband got a bit shellshocked to see her made up bride of Frankenstein. Come on Sabahan makeup artist,.. start moving forward. The brides are not performers getting ready for a live show! Day makeup at the church should be light and natural. Evening dinner reception makeup should be,well,.. evening makeup, 'slightly' tronger hues shadows.. Guys..sometimes Less is More! Don't believe me... take the challenge. Do one sampe bridal makeup on the same girl; one with your normal heavy makeup & one with natural light makeup. Take both photos and see which one is bridal best.

Here are some photos of gorgeous bridal photos.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi there I am the make-up artist that did the make-up on the last two photos (the ones with the pink border) thanks for the nice comments.

My website is www.simplyfaye.co.uk if you are interested you can see more of my work there.

Thanks again

Faye

Tennis Quote From My Favourite Player

" I think about that sometimes - learning to play in a parking lot, stringing nets between cars. I learned to play by hitting against a brick wall, not a ball machine or other players. And my Father was my coach - teaching me from a twenty year-old book. When I hear people say that you can't make it in tennis if you don't have a lot of money, I know they're wrong. We didn't have much money. But I loved the sport and that was enough." - Monica Seles -

In Bed With Rex

In Bed With Rex
Hmm..daddys bed is so much better than mine..!

Hey Rex

Hey Rex
Aww..he was 3 months then..

Rex & Bobbi

Rex & Bobbi
Playtime..I like this caviar taste tennis ball..yumm.. Not. Goku stop scratching Rex's butt!

My Idols

My Idols
Whitney, Luther, Kylie & Monica

Just junior

Just junior
Me, Myself & I

The Doggies

The Doggies
Rex, Bobbi & Sisqo