Sunday, July 27, 2008

Hangover Remedies

Guess what? I got totally wasted (again!!) last friday night out with my friends. They told me I sang Endless Love just before we call it a night and I couldn't remember!! To make things bad (not worse), I was totally off-key and sounded awful..hahahhaha.. Thank god I couldn't remember. The hangover unfortunately lasted till saturday night. I only felt better after 8pm ... daymn!! Anyway, just to share some tips to avoid a bad hangover like mine. I normally do this but last friday..well..I didn't.

Tips
1) This is mine- 1 tablespoon of honey before going out. 1 can of Gatorade during the session and at least 4 glasses of water in between. Then before going to bed - 2 tablespoons of honey. Or take 2-6 teaspoonfuls of honey every twenty minutes upon awaking, depending on the severity of the hangover. Continue with the honey until you start to feel better, then take four teaspoonsful with your first meal. The potassium in the honey helps counteract the effects of the alcohol and will decrease the cravings for it. Alcoholic drinks are acidic in reaction and satisfy your natural desire for an acid, the same as coffee and tea do. If you have an alcohol problem, check your body chemistry and make appropriate changes in diet and supplementation. In addition, honey contains fructose, a type of sugar that helps your body metabolize alcohol more quickly.

2) Evening primrose oil helps prevent hangovers. Take two teaspoons.
3) Bananas One of the quickest ways to cure a hangover is to make a banana milkshake sweetened with honey. The banana helps calm the stomach, and with the honey, builds up the depleted blood sugar levels. The milk soothes the stomach and rehydrates your system. Bananas are also rich in the important electrolytes, magnesium and potassium, which are severely depleted during heavy drinking

4)Water - drink loads!!

2 comments:

lumiz said...

haha hangover til sat nite kah? punyalah...hehe ko kasi p bjamur sampai berpeluh2 gia..cuba..ok tu :)

JOE'S BIZNES CAFE said...

hahhaa..nasib ok sudah. Hilang sudah lepas terminum air sungai kibunut..

Tennis Quote From My Favourite Player

" I think about that sometimes - learning to play in a parking lot, stringing nets between cars. I learned to play by hitting against a brick wall, not a ball machine or other players. And my Father was my coach - teaching me from a twenty year-old book. When I hear people say that you can't make it in tennis if you don't have a lot of money, I know they're wrong. We didn't have much money. But I loved the sport and that was enough." - Monica Seles -

In Bed With Rex

In Bed With Rex
Hmm..daddys bed is so much better than mine..!

Hey Rex

Hey Rex
Aww..he was 3 months then..

Rex & Bobbi

Rex & Bobbi
Playtime..I like this caviar taste tennis ball..yumm.. Not. Goku stop scratching Rex's butt!

My Idols

My Idols
Whitney, Luther, Kylie & Monica

Just junior

Just junior
Me, Myself & I

The Doggies

The Doggies
Rex, Bobbi & Sisqo